Saturday, September 1, 2012

September's Featured

On the first of each month I will be featuring not only a Nancy Drew game, but also the books the game was based off of. Some games are strikingly similar to the book and some are only loosely based but every single game has originated from a book.
September's featured game is

Warnings at Waverly Academy

This is one of my all time favorite games, and it's perfect for the back to school season! I have addictions to creepy boarding schools, Edgar Allan Poe, and of course Nancy Drew so this is the ultimate game for me. Seriously. I love everything about it! The atmosphere, the puzzles, and the library. I want that library. Actually, I really really want to go to school there. The characters are awesome as well. Mel is my favorite :)

The Curse of the Black Cat (Nancy Drew, #158)WAC was based off The Curse of the Black Cat. Now, I haven't read this one yet but I'll have to soon. I mean, the Black Cat? That's my favorite Poe story! (I even have a mug with the artwork from the game.) It sounds really similar to the game, which seems to be a bit of a change. A lot of the more recent games seem to be just loosely based off the books.


my mug:

No comments:

Post a Comment